Cozy, delicious and great for a social appetite 🙂
The one thing I hate about my sister is that she has recommended almost every place that I’ve gone to in Dar except for a certain smoothie bar that I recommended. It sucks! In an attempt to rescue my reputation and self-esteem I have been in a mission to find nice places that she hasn’t been to so that I can say I found them first. Today I found a cool hang out in Shoppers, Masaki. Hurray!
Cozy, delicious and great for social meets.
I usually rank food places based on 5 elements:
1) Food selection – Kahawa Cafe have an amazing selection of sandwiches,salads as well as a buffet. They offer something for every dietary need (vegetarian, slim meals and the big appetites). Then you can wash it all down with a generous serving of fresh juice.
2) Dessert – staring at the dessert display I couldn’t make my mind up was it going to be Tiramisu or cake or the lovely looking mousse.
3) The service – the reception was good. We were met with a bunch of lovely staff with big smiles and very helpful.
4) The space – Kahawa Cafe offers a really good environment. Walking in you feel quite at home. This is an amazing feeling because it’s inside a super market. After pushing a trolley and exhausting your mind with the shopping list or if you have sneaked out of the office for a quick-lunch this offers the perfect getaway.
5) Price – it was pleasantly surprising to find that with just TSH 1000 (Under $1) you could have a shot at one of the delicious offering on the counter. Kahawa Cafe has cookies ranging from TSH1000 to 3500 which I felt was very reasonable.
During my visit I had a Roast Beef sandwich which came with a free bag of crisps (chips for the American reader) and a mousse for under TSH 10000.
My rating: A cool 4.8/5
The reason being although I liked the sandwich I found the spices to be a bit too much for my taste. Kahawa Cafe scores highly because despite the fact that they have a good selection in their menu the management went the extra mile to make me feel welcomed. They took the time to explain what was in each item and when I had my concerns on whether I should take a chance with the mousse the female manager gave me her personal guarantee that I would not regret the choice. I picked the lemon mousse but was not happy with the choice so she gave me the opportunity to try out the other 2 flavours available on the house. I ended up picking the Chocolate mousse and if I was to give one recommendation then I would say try it out, it was amazing.
Three of us walked into Kahawa cafe but when we walked out we have recommended it to every one we have met that’s how satissified we all were.