A picture says a thousand words so the fastest and most effective way to review a place is through photography. The quality of the photo is not as important. If you go through any travel blog you will find photos that cover the following themes. Here are some thoughts on why travellers like such photos.
1. Food and restaurants – because food is the building block of our bodies, it is our primary concern when we travel. Can I get something to eat? – Travel bloggers answer this question by photographing the food they eat and the places they eat at, to suggest or give an idea of what to expect.
2. Sunrises and sunsets- they mark the beginning and the end of a day, giving hope and allowing you to dream. Every sunrise and sunset will take your breath away regardless of how many you’ve seen before.
3. Statues and landmarks – they are symbolic, have cultural or religious meaning and often have a story. Sometimes travel bloggers photograph popular landmarks and statues to make a statement, ‘I was here!’ Or to tell a story.
4. Transportation- don’t you want to know how to get there and how to move around the town/city/village?
5. Wildlife and culture- because the popular belief is that man was created after everything else and then was taught about it and made protector so it is human to find fascination in nature particularly wildlife. As of culture, our minds are curious about those who are different from us.
6. Water – because it is the secret to life, is associated with romance and soo much more.
7. Plants and insects- because there’s always one we haven’t seen before or one quite like it.
8. Art and handicrafts- because it’s good to compliment the artists. Travel bloogers share pictures of fascinating artwork as a compliment or inspiration. 9. Sleeping area and lounge – after a long day you just have to know where travellers rest- it could be peculiar, horrific, comfy or luxurious. Most times travellers share their sleeping space to vent or gloat. 10. Group selfie- to show off the people they met or are with. Because we are always seeking companionship.